Free <span class="highlight">camps</span> en route to Darwin

Submitted: Monday, Mar 13, 2017 at 20:40
ThreadID: 134459 Views:3738 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all
I intend on travelling to Litchfield National Park Darwin and Kakadu from Townsville in the coming months an would greatly appreciate if any of the readers have any free camps that they can recomend and if possable give the gps
co ordinate's for.

Regards
Kelvin
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - peterdre - Monday, Mar 13, 2017 at 21:24

Monday, Mar 13, 2017 at 21:24
What road do you plan to travel, Barkley Hwy?
AnswerID: 609369

Reply By: baznpud (tassie) - Tuesday, Mar 14, 2017 at 04:35

Tuesday, Mar 14, 2017 at 04:35
My suggestion would be to down load Wikicamps on to your phone, (about $8.00) this will just about give you all the free camps/cvp's on any of the roads you will travel.
baz
Go caravaning, life is so much shorter than death.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 609372

Reply By: CSeaJay - Tuesday, Mar 14, 2017 at 14:21

Tuesday, Mar 14, 2017 at 14:21
Kelvin,
It also depends on your time, do you want to smell the roses on the journey, or do you just want to get there asap to maximise the time in Kakadu and Litchfield?
If it is the latter, the place you sleep en-route is less important than the distance travelled per day. In that case I travel as best I can for the day and simply look for a place to camp 1 hour before. You only sleep there and you will probably be up at sparrows fart to get going again, and Wikicamps has enough options for you to plan as you go.

If you are taking a journey however, yes then your question takes on a whole different meaning.
AnswerID: 609382

Reply By: Motherhen - Tuesday, Mar 14, 2017 at 23:58

Tuesday, Mar 14, 2017 at 23:58
Hi Kelvin, I have reviewed and listed where you can stop on the Barkly Highway through the Northern Territory, as well as along the Stuart Highway.

When touring Litchfield National Park we stayed at the conveniently located Litchfield Safari Campground; a private venture on the western edge of the National Park, and caravan park fees apply. I have written a full review.

Through Kakadu we stayed only at National Park campgrounds, and I have given a short description of each of these.

I am not permitted to give links to these on forum, but suggest you contact me privately and/or check MyBlogs. Travelogues of Litchfield and Kakadu under 2009 Blogs.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 609394

Sponsored Links